DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is an ideal foldable gimbal for smartphones that supports multiple intelligent functions to aim for providing stable and smooth footage. It has transformed the world by reducing the efforts of capturing and recording. It is delicately designed using advanced and optimized technologies.
What Are The Major Features Of DJI Osmo Mobile 3?
DJI Osmo Mobile 3 has endless features as it’s advanced technology has all the things that an ideal gimbal requires. However, the major ones are listed below:
- It is flexible to fold and is portable.
- It supports story mode.
- It has various gesture control.
- It has an active track of 3.0 version.
- It supports sport mode as well.
- It has a quick roll feature.
- It has a standby mode which allows you to use your smartphone and you can start shooting whenever you want in no time.
Some Important Features In Details
It is active gesture control. Both the front and the rear cameras of DJI Osmo Mobile 3 supports gesture control hence you can click both photographs and selfies. Thus, while you are traveling solo or in a group, it is all about a gesture you need to make to start creating memories through these non-shaky footages.
Active Control 3.0:
In order to make your smartphones start tracking, you just need to press the trigger button or make some supported gesture. It is that simple but it is built up with various deep and complex computer vision algorithms which enables supporting reliable, smooth and hassle-free tracking.
Hyper Lapse Hype:
It is a powerful combination of Electronic Image Stabilization and Gimbal Stabilizations to support Hyper Lapse Hyped video recording. You can trigger Active Control 3.0 while Hyper Lapse Hype recording in order to keep tracking while recording your footage.
It adds an extra touch of cinematic flair to your recording. The zoom slider provides customizable speed, and you can also recreate the popular Hitchcock effect with this feature in your smartphone.
It has an optimized algorithm which enables your smartphone to create a fast speed action during dynamic movements.
Time-lapse is an ideal feature for adding creative transitions to your video. It helps you in condensing the time and the movement into your captivating footage.
The DJI Momo app features tutorials, intelligent modes, and convenient templates. The DJI Mimo app is the ideal tool to take your Osmo Mobile 3 adventure one step further than before.
What Are The Various Benefits Of DJI Osmo Mobile?
Listed below are only some of the major benefits of DJI Osmo Mobile 3:
- It eliminates shake: It has a 3-axis gimbal that is very efficient in reducing shaky footage. Thus, with Osmo Mobile 3 one can get extra smooth and stabilized images while recording footage.
- It has Handiness: It is extremely lightweight which makes it ultra-responsive by reacting even in the slightest movements of real-time. Therefore with DJI Osmo Mobile 3 you need not focus on any kind of issue but just the movements of your hands while recording.
- It has a dynamic design: DJI Osmo Mobile 3 has a sleek foldable design which makes it portable anywhere you travel. Plus it is designed by keeping it lightweight which is 405grams. Thus, one can conveniently carry it along your adventure journey.
- It Han an ergonomic Glgrip: DJI Osmo Mobile 3 can be easily held in 3 can be held for long periods of time. It has a very comfortable grip that fits perfectly in your palm, enabling you to record footage without any limitations.
- It supports one-tap templates: DJI Osmo Mobile 3 supports story mode which enables multiple templates that transforms your footage by auto adding music, movements, templates, transition effects and several other features in no time for an enhanced and polished effect on your video.
- It allows an easy share of data: After customizing your footage with the required templates you can share the footage in just a single tap on any of your social media profiles.
- It provides handy convenience: With DJI Osmo Mobile 3 your time is saved as the steps involved with each feature is time-saving. Osmo Mobile 3 enables shooting from all the possible angles using the M button and the trigger. There is also a very useful function namely Quick Roll that transits the recording from portrait to landscape mode and vice versa.
- It has advanced control: There are several advance feature options like Quick Menu, intuitive button combinations, and single-hand operative joystick.
What Are Its Physical Features And Key Specifications?
The major key specifications are:
- Foldable size: 157*130*46
- Weight: 405gm
- Grip Angle: 15°
What Are The Capturing Options Of Osmo DJI Mobile 3?
It supports 3 best capturing options which are:
- Automatic 3*3 and 180° panoramic shots.
- Condensing time and movements for stunning Time-lapse videos.
- Record every bit of detail in your footage through slow motions videos.
Comparison: DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Vs Osmo Mobile 3
DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and DJI Osmo Mobile 3 are different in many aspects. The major ones are compiled below:
DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is the first foldable gimbal which makes it portable anywhere you want to carry. It is just 405gm in weight, and pretty lighter that Osmo Mobile 2 which is 485gm is weight. In terms of unfolded dimensions, the Osmo Mobile 3 measures 285mm x 125mm x 103mm, while the Osmo Mobile 2 is 295mm x 113mm x 72mm. While the Osmo Mobile 3’s folded dimensions are 157mm x 130mm x 46mm. Osmo Mobile 3 is easier to hold because of the rubber grip and quicker to balance because of the roll axis. It also has an adjustable phone holder which Osmo Mobile 2 lacks. Also, Osmo Mobile 3 has no obstructions of charging or connecting with audio ports.
DJI Osmo Mobile 3 has higher-performing rates over Osmo Mobile 2. The first thing being it has more intelligent shooting modes. Gesture Control and Active Control 3.0 are the two enhanced features of the Osmo Mobile 3. However, both the DJI Mobiles support Timelapse, Hyper Lapse, Motion Lapse, Panorama, and slow-motion but Osmo 3 Mobile supports it in a more enhanced way.
Another notable improvement made in Osmo Mobile 3 as compared to Osmo Mobile 2 is the introduction of advanced user controls. You no longer have to control the gimbal and modes using only your smartphone touchscreen. You have got quick access to all the gestures through Quick menu. You can playback your footage and use this quick menu to access your gimbal using the integrated buttons on the device itself.
The Osmo Mobile 2 costs £129, but the Osmo Mobile 3 is available for either £99 or £119. However, these rates subjects to the package you opt for. Thus, Osmo Mobile being better in terms of everything from Osmo Mobile 2 is also cheaper.
|Specifications||Osmo Mobile 3||Osmo Mobile 2|
|Max Operation Time||15 hours||15 hours|
|Gimbal Range||Pan: -162.5° to 170.3°;||Pan: ±170°;|
|Roll: -85.1° to 252.2°;||Roll: -90° to +70°;|
|Tilt: -104.5° to 235.7°||Tilt: ±170°|
|Max. Controllable Speed||120°/s||120°/s|
|Compatible Phone Size||Width: 62 to 88mm||Width: 59 to 85mm|
|Thickness: ≤ 9.5 mm||Thickness: ≤ 8.9mm|
|Tracking||Active Track 3.0||Active Track|
|Slow Motion||Up to 1080p 240fps||Up to 1080p 120fps|
|Hyper Lapse||Yes(with electronic image stabilisation)||Yes|
|Connections||Bluetooth Low Energy 5.0||Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0|
|App||DJI Mimo||DJI GO|
DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Review
All the major reviews of DJI Osmo Mobile 3 are taken into account to draw out the common pros and cons:
What Are The Pros?
It is a lightweight easy-to-use app with cheaper price and smooth stabilization. It is a great value for money with an easy-to-use gimbal that delivers super-smooth results.
What Are The Cons?
It has so many notable cons. However, it is quite fiddly while swapping between the portrait and the landscape modes of capturing footage.
Overall rating of the product is 3.5/5.
DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Review
All the major reviews of DJI Osmo Mobile 3 are taken into account to draw out the common pros and cons:
Overall rating of the product is 4.5/5.
What Is The Price Of DJI Osmo Mobile 3?
The price of DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Price is its trump card. It is because of the fact that the price of Osmo Mobile 3 is lower than its predecessor which is DJI Osmo Mobile 2. It is available for either £99 or £119 depending upon the package you choose. DJI Osmo Mobile 3 has great value for money and with all its advanced and optimized features at so cheaper rates. Once you use it, your money becomes worth the spent.
What Are The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Accessories?
Though the accessory list of Osmo Mobile 3 is endless, some of the must-have accessories are:
- Osmo Base: It enables the Osmo Mobile to stay perfectly upright so that it can be placed on the tables for group captures and sturdy panoramas. It also helps you store Osmo mobile 3 when not in use.
- High Capacity Batteries: The Osmo Mobile 3 comes up with inbuilt 980 mAh Battery which can last up to 4.5 hours of continuous use. Adding on to the high capacity batteries would make it last for an additional 6 hours with a battery boost of 1225 mAh.
- Quad Charging System: It provides an extra outlet for charging, The Osmo Quad Charging System charges up to four 980mAh batteries from empty to full in just 100 minutes, and four 1225mAh batteries in just 120 minutes.
- Osmo Tripod System: It provides a flat surface for you Osmo Mobile 3 to stand. It is compact and foldable and portable.
- Osmo Extension Rod: The Osmo Extension rod is designed to be used as a selfie stick. It can be used to find new angles or can be attached to your tripod to achieve whatever height you need for your captures.
- Osmo Mobile Carrying Case: It has a preformed hard foam interior with a securing strap that guarantees a snug fit, and a tough exterior withstands bumps to save your Osmo Mobile 3.
What Is DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Gimbal?
DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Gimbal has a new foldable design which its predecessor Osmo Mobile 3 lacked. Thus DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is portable. The trigger button is the best feature and makes it a masterpiece. The Action 3.0 and gesture feature is a boon to the gimbal. It is transforming the world of all the young and new filmmakers.
Unboxing DJI Osmo Mobile 3
DJI Osmo Mobile 3 has come up as a boon for the video creators and as a great piece of handheld gimbal stabilization. Listed below is the unboxing of DJI Osmo Mobile 3 gimbal to discover the best video creating technology ever.
Contents of the box –
The following things are found in the carton:
- Osmo Mobile 3 Built-in Battery
- Osmo Grip Tripod
- Osmo Carrying Case
- Storage Pouch
- Power Cable
- Wrist Strap
- Anti Slip Pads
Shooting Modes Of DJI Osmo Mobile 3
It supports multiple modes. The major ones are listed below:
In this mode, the gimbal keeps your phone in such a way that the footage is still and stable no matter how you move the gimbal around. This free model is very beneficial while shooting a still video or an object that you are either moving towards or moving from.
In this mode, your phone moves along with you as you tilt the smartphone. If you tilt the gimbal forward, your phone will follow and tilt along with it. This mode is very beneficial while trying to follow a moving subject, especially when the movement of the subject is unpredictable.
In this mode, you just need to simply select the subject for shooting and the gimbal will seamlessly follow the subject. Even when you’re moving pretty quickly, the gimbal will quickly move to stay focused on your selected subject. This will ensure non-shaky footage and smooth experience of shooting.
Cinematic Zoom Control:
This mode is extremely beneficial for leveraging your phone’s camera to ensure a smooth zoom action. It can even be used to produce a dolly zoom effect.
This mode helps in creating a motion timelapse, where you not only set the interval and the duration but also the keyframe positions. It helps in ensuring a smooth recording experience.
What Is DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Gimbal For IPhone?
It is perfectly designed to provoke the storyteller artist in you. It has a handheld stabilizer that is supported by DJI GO app available in your App Store. It turns your iPhone into slow-motion sensing and capturing camera. It enables smooth and professional capturing with easy to share options with a single tap.
What Is The DJI Osmo Mobile 3 App?
The app for Osmo Mobile 2 was Digi Mimo while the app supported by Osmo Mobile 3 is Digi GO. The app is available both on android play store and IOS app store and can be downloaded free of cost. All the features are primarily inbuilt in the app and easy to use.
What Is DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Smartphone Gimbal?
DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is a foldable, lightweight, and portable 3-axis gimbal designed exclusively designed to fit your smartphones. The various key specifications like make it suitable and the app is supported by android play store which can be downloaded free of cost.
What Is DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Handheld Smartphone Gimbal?
DJI Osmo Mobile 3 has handheld gimbal features with multiple intelligent and optimized advanced functions like Story mode and Gesture Control which enables you to record your special moments effortlessly.
In short DJI Osmo Mobile 3 are best in town and has transformed the world greatly with its advanced and best-optimized features. If you are videography enthusiast go and give it a shot!